Pro Tip:Click here to get password Assistance and create a new password. Learn how to create a strong, secure password for your account by going to Amazon Customer Service.
Amazon requires you to use a minimum of 6 characters in your password. Special characters and numerals aren't necessary. However, it's advised for you to use them so that you've got a stronger password. To update your password, go to Password Assistance and create a new one.
Amazon allows you to use up to 128 characters in your password. It's best for you to change your password every 30-60 days by using Amazon's Password Assistance feature.
How to create a strong Amazon password
- Use an original password that you haven't used for other sites. Make it as unique and personal as possible.
- Use at least 8 characters
- Use special characters and numbers. The password 'T5$Ree0' is stronger than the password 'Tree'
- Don't use a password that's easy for someone else to guess. This means avoiding passwords like '12345', or your birth date.
- Back up your Amazon account by adding your mobile number. Doing this means your verification codes get sent directly to you. You're able update your contact information with Amazon's Customer Service feature.
6 Easy steps to reset your password
- Go to Password Assistance.
- After you get prompted, enter your email address or mobile phone number. Use the same information that you used to sign up for your Amazon account.
- Click 'Continue' and wait for a one-time password. It gets sent to your email or cellphone (you're able to choose your verification method)
- Fill your OTP in and authenticate your request and click 'Continue'
- Create your new password (write it down so you don't forget, and keep it simple)
- Save your new password and use it to log in to all your Amazon-related accounts.