The Honda 2000 generator (also known as the Honda Eu2000i) is no longer available. Established in 1953 and dedicated to deliver only the best quality engines, Honda has a better model on the market, the Honda 2200 generator.
Is a Honda 2000 generator right for you?
The Honda 2000 generator is a quite inverter generator that meets the needs of those seeking a reliable home-backup system or RV power source. However, the Honda 2200 provides better specs than the Honda 2000, making it the better choice and giving you better value for money.
The Honda 2000 has a rated wattage of 1600 and a starting wattage of 2000. It's Eco-Throttle system allows you to save money on gas, with an added benefit of having a low 51dB noise level.
In comparison, the Honda 2200 is a portable inverter 121cc generator with a rated wattage of 1800 and a starting wattage of 2200. It's got a fuel shut valve, which helps to avoid stale fuel issues, with an additional Eco-Throttle System. It's perfect for home use and to power working environments (such as a construction site or office), with the ability to power an RV during family trips, also.
Deciding whether the Honda Eu2200i (Also known as the Honda 2200) generator is right for you depends on what you need to run. The impressive design catches the eye and it's compact 121cc GXR120 engine is able to power 2200 watts for up to 9.6 hours.
This generator is perfect for anyone looking for a reliable electricity source for work, play and home use.
Consider the Honda 2200 instead of the Honda 2000 if...
- You need a 2200 watt generator to balance home and outdoor use
- You want a generator with a compact design for space efficiency
- You want portability for camping trips (or if you own an RV)
- You prefer a quieter generator (48-57 decibels)
- You care about fuel savings and want eco-mode (which usually saves a ton on fuel per year)
Avoid Honda Eu2200i if...
- You need more power for whole-home use (and 2200 wattage is not powerful enough)
- You don't like pull-starts
- You need to have power for longer than 9.6 hours at a time
Construction and design
- Running Wattage: 1800 watts
- Peak Wattage: 2200 watts
- Start: 2200 watts
- Noise level: 48-57dB
- Weight: 40lb
- Fuel Capacity: 95 Gal
- Run time: 4.0-9.6 hours
- Warranty: 3 years
- Engine size: 121cc
What can I power with the Honda 2200?
- amping gear
- Cooking appliances
- RV appliances
- Indoor or outdoor lights
- Computer/ Laptop
- Coffee machine
Reasons to buy Honda 2200 instead of the Honda 2000?
- This fuel efficient 121cc GXR120 engine also features a money-saving Eco-Throttle System
- This generator is portable, which gives it the ability to be efficiently transported from working, home and camping environments
- The user-friendly, automatic mechanical de-compressor makes it easier to push-start than other generators
Reasons to avoid Honda 2200?
- A small fuel tank + not able to run for longer than 9.6 hours
- A pull-start system + no way to push-start the generator
What real Honda 2200 reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? The Honda Eu2200i receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.74 (across several hundred reviews). The Honda Eu2200i scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- 'Normally I would never buy a new model of Anything until enough time passed that glaring problems would show up. But in this case, the Honda eu2000 models have such a reputation for quality and reliability that I took the risk and purchased the new eu2200. I went though a simple break in procedure (can't hurt!) And the generator has been performing flawlessly.'
- 'I love the weight and easy to turn it off, the noisy level is the lower at the market. When you talk about Honda products they are the top on quality.'
- 'I am glad I spent the extra money to get the best. It has worked perfectly so far. Starts easily, runs quiet. Also, I got a very nice surprise when running on ECO mode. The Honda EU220i is advertised to run 8.1 hours when utilizing the ECO throttle but it actually runs for about 10 hours.'
- 'Nice quiet generator. This is the second one I've owned and will stick with Honda from now on. Tries the generic in between. Just no comparison. Generac done good for just over a year. If your not going to use it much. Go cheap. But if you want reliability, get the Honda.'
- 'This generator, and its 2000 watt predecessor, set the standard. It set the bar that every small generator tries to reach.'
What reviewers dislike
- 'My only "suggestion" to Honda is to make viewing the fuel level easy. Looking down the neck into the fuel tank while having the gas can neck stuck down there was impossible. I could have filled the tank up in 1/10th the time if I didn't have to keep stopping every 15 seconds and trying to see the fuel level.'
- 'I've used the generator a couple of times so far. Everything is working well. I thought it would be somewhat quieter. But the noise level is indeed lower than for non-quiet models. I wish the owner's manual had stated that one needs a funnel to pour engine oil (otherwise you're almost sure to make a mess) and shown in a drawing the proper level for the engine oil.'
- 'There is/was a recall... I had to take it to local Honda authorized repair center, hard to start & no electricity... they replaced part/all of the case.. Now starts easily, everything good. Seller offered return only.. So far, I’m glad I opted to have no cost repair, not return. If not for this problem it would have been a 5 star'
The Honda Eu2200i generator is the perfect addition to any office, RV, camping cabin or home backup system, and it provides better value for money than the Honda 2000. It's fuel-efficient 121cc GXR120 engine is reliable and has an easy-to-use Eco-Throttle System. This portable generator is built for convenience and adds value to your home, business, or leisure activities.
The 48-57 dB noise level allows it to get used within close proximity to your environments. It also surprises users in its capacity to power multiple appliances at once. Along with this, the light-weight, sleek design makes for easy storage and efficient transport.
Honda is known worldwide for providing excellent quality engines, and the Honda Eu2200i generator is a prime example of this. The small engine is able to run for an impressive 9.6 hours, providing consistent electricity.
The Eco-mode also allows you to save on fuel and get the most out of your purchase. The Honda Eu2200i is an excellent, small generator that has caught the attention of many, and for all the right reasons!
This generator is one of Honda's best products, making it an investment that is sure to last you and your family for years to come.
Where to buy Honda 2200 generators
Find the Honda Eu2200i generator on Amazon, today. Even better? If you're an Amazon Prime member, you get fast, free 2-day shipping!