The Honda 2800 Generator is a portable inverter 186cc generator with a rated wattage of 2500 and a starting wattage of 2800. It's 2.1 gallon engine, able to provide power for up to 12 hours, also comes with Advanced iAVR (Intelligent Automatic Voltage Regulator) technology. It's perfect for powering your RV and your home, with a USDA-qualified spark muffler, also.
Is a Honda 2800 generator right for you?
Deciding if the Honda 2800 generator is right for you depends on what you need to run and how long you need to run it. This inverter generator has a commercial-grade OHV engine with iAVR (Intelligent Automatic Voltage Regulator) technology that provides an exclusive way to regulate consistent power.
This small, yet powerful generator is able to keep you powered for up to 12 hours with a 2.9 gal fuel tank. It also features GFCI (Ground Fault Circuit Protection) that allows for efficient transport. This generator is perfect for home, office and recreational use, with a 120/240V selector switch for larger appliances.
In comparison to the Honda 4000, it offers less power, but it's cheaper and provides an extra hour of power. It's also more suitable for professional construction than the Honda 4000 generator.
Although this generator is designed for industrial use, it's also compatible for use as a home or RV back-up system.
Consider Honda 2800 Generator if...
- You need a 2800 watt generator to balance home and outdoor use
- You want portability for camping trips (or if you own an RV)
- You prefer a quieter generator [63 decibels]
- You need a generator that runs for longer than the average run time of 7.5 hours
- You care about fuel savings and want eco-mode (which usually saves a ton on fuel per year)
Avoid Honda 2800 Generator if...
- You need more power for whole-home use (and 2800 wattage is not powerful enough)
- You don't like pull-starts
- You don't mind a noisier generator
Construction and design
- Running Wattage: 2500
- Peak Wattage: 2800
- Start: 2800
- Noise level: 63dB
- Weight: 67lbs
- Fuel Capacity: 2.1 gallon
- Run time: 12 hours
- Warranty: 1-3 years
What can I power with Honda 2800 Generator?
- Coffee pot
- Charging cell phones
- Heating furnace
- Cooking appliances
- RV appliances
- Low-intensity power tools
Reasons to buy Honda 2800 Generator?
- The Advanced iAVR (Intelligent Automatic Voltage Regulator) technology provides a way for power to be consistently distributed, no matter what your load is
- This 120/240V sector is able to power larger appliances with higher wattage requirements
- The exclusive Eco-Throttle System of this compact, powerful engine allows you to save money every year on fuel
Reasons to avoid Honda 2800 Generator?
- You need a generator to power a construction or industrial project + only able to generate 2800 watts
- A pull-start system + no way to push-start the generator
What real Honda 2800 Generator reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? The Honda 2800 generator receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.74 (across several hundred reviews). The Honda 2800 generator scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- 'We own 9 of these so far. The very best generator in its class. We use them in the movie industry. They run for hours and hours without complaint. We use 100% synthetic oil and change it weekly. If you do this, the generator runs for many 1000's of hours.'
- 'In my experience, Honda's are the best generators. This one has never taken more than one pull to start, runs reasonably quiet, and lasts a long time under various load conditions.'
- 'This is a great little generator! It's easy to set up and get started, and much quieter than other generators I've been around.'
- 'What's not to like? The controls are logical, fueling is easy, starts with no fuss (choke on), and the noise level is acceptable for a unit this size.'
- 'Reliable, quiet, quick starting, and super build quality. As an engineer, I took a scope and a few other specialized measuring instruments to the output under various loads. The sine wave is very, very, clean and the output regulation is excellent. '
What reviewers dislike
- 'This isn't quite as quiet as the EU models but works as well otherwise'
- 'These Honda generators are super expensive, but they sure are quiet and fuel efficient.'
- 'Great generator! My only gripe is the low fuel capacity but it is very quiet and efficient.'
The Honda 2800 generator is the perfect addition to any home, office or RV backup system. It's compact engine is reliable and its muffler is designed to meet USDA safety standards. This portable generator is built for convenience and is versatile in its use. The 186cc engine size produces a 63dB noise level that also makes it 3% quitter than most other generators.
Honda has a reputation for engineering generators of world-renowned quality. Another plus? They have a reputation for honoring their warranties and providing good quality and long-term customer support. These generators work well for a long time, representing great value for money.
Purchasing the Honda 2800 generator is an investment that is sure to secure you, your family or business project with power for years to come.
Where to buy Honda 2800 Generator
Find the Honda 2800 generator on Amazon, today. Even better? If you're an Amazon Prime member, you get fast, free 2-day shipping!