The Honda Eu2000i Generator is a portable inverter 121cc generator with a rated wattage of 1800 and a starting wattage of 2200. It's got a fuel shut valve, which helps to avoid stale fuel issues, with an extra Eco-Throttle System. It's perfect for home use and to power working environments, with the ability to work as an RV power system during camping trips, also.
Is a Honda Eu2200i generator right for you?
Deciding whether the Honda Eu2200i (Also known as the Honda 2200) generator is right for you depends on what you need to run. The impressive design catches the eye and it's compact 121cc GXR120 engine is able to power 2200 watts for up to 9.6 hours.
This generator is perfect for anyone looking for a reliable electricity source for work, play and home use. It's cheap when it comes to fuel, with a 95 gallon tank that has an exclusive Eco-Throttle System.
It's also portable, with comfortable slide-out handles to assist you in carrying its 40lb weight. In comparison to the Honda Eu2200, it offers 10% more power. It also has an extra wattage of 2000, whilst being the same price. It's also more suitable for home use than the larger Honda 4000 generator.
Consider Honda Eu2200i if...
- You need a 2200 watt generator to balance home and outdoor use
- You want a generator with a compact design for space efficiency
- You want portability for camping trips (or if you own an RV)
- You prefer a quieter generator (48-57 decibels)
- You care about fuel savings and want eco-mode (which usually saves a ton on fuel per year)
Avoid Honda Eu2200i if...
- You need more power for whole-home use (and 2200 wattage is not powerful enough)
- You don't like pull-starts
- You need to have power for longer than 9.6 hours at a time
Construction and design
- Running Wattage: 1800 watts
What can I power with Honda Eu2200i?
- Low-intensity power tools
Reasons to buy Honda Eu2200i?
- This fuel efficient 121cc GXR120 engine also features a money-saving Eco-Throttle System
- This generator is portable, giving it the ability to power both working, home and camping environments
- The user-friendly automatic mechanical de-compressor makes it easier to push-start than other generators
Reasons to avoid Honda Eu2200i?
- A small fuel tank + not able to run for longer than 9.6 hours
- A pull-start system + no way to push-start the generator
What real Honda Eu2200i reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? The Honda Eu2200i receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.74 (across several hundred reviews). The Honda Eu2200i scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- 'Normally I would never buy a new model of Anything until enough time passed that glaring problems would show up. But in this case, the Honda eu2000 models have such a reputation for quality and reliability that I took the risk and purchased the new eu2200. I went though a simple break in procedure (can't hurt!) And the generator has been performing flawlessly.'
- 'I love the weight and easy to turn it off, the noisy level is the lower at the market. When you talk about Honda products they are the top on quality.'
- 'I am glad I spent the extra money to get the best. It has worked perfectly so far. Starts easily, runs quiet. Also, I got a very nice surprise when running on ECO mode. The Honda EU220i is advertised to run 8.1 hours when utilizing the ECO throttle but it actually runs for about 10 hours.'
- 'Nice quiet generator. This is the second one I've owned and will stick with Honda from now on. Tries the generic in between. Just no comparison. Generac done good for just over a year. If your not going to use it much. Go cheap. But if you want reliability, get the Honda.'
- 'This generator, and its 2000 watt predecessor, set the standard. It set the bar that every small generator tries to reach.'
What reviewers dislike
- 'My only "suggestion" to Honda is to make viewing the fuel level easy. Looking down the neck into the fuel tank while having the gas can neck stuck down there was impossible. I could have filled the tank up in 1/10th the time if I didn't have to keep stopping every 15 seconds and trying to see the fuel level.'
- 'I've used the generator a couple of times so far. Everything is working well. I thought it would be somewhat quieter. But the noise level is indeed lower than for non-quiet models. I wish the owner's manual had stated that one needs a funnel to pour engine oil (otherwise you're almost sure to make a mess) and shown in a drawing the proper level for the engine oil.'
- 'There is/was a recall... I had to take it to local Honda authorized repair center, hard to start & no electricity... they replaced part/all of the case.. Now starts easily, everything good. Seller offered return only.. So far, I’m glad I opted to have no cost repair, not return. If not for this problem it would have been a 5 star'
The Honda Eu2200i generator is the perfect addition to any office, RV, camping cabin or home backup system. It's fuel-efficient 121cc GXR120 engine is reliable and it has an easy-to-use Eco-Throttle System. This portable generator is built for convenience and adds value to your home, business, or leisure activities.
The 48-57 dB noise level allows it to get used within close proximity to your environments. It also surprises users in its capacity to power many appliances. Along with this, the light weight, sleek design makes for easy storage and efficient transport. Honda is world-renowned for providing excellent quality engines, and the Honda Eu2200i generator is a prime example of this. The small engine is able to run for an impressive 9.6 hours, providing consistent electricity. The Eco-mode also allows you to save on fuel and get the most out of your buy. The Honda Eu2200i is an excellent, small generator that has caught the attention of many, and for all the right reasons! This generator is hands down one of Honda's best products, and it's an investment that is sure to last you and your family for years to come.
Where to buy Honda Eu2200i generators
Find the Honda Eu2200i generator on Amazon, today. Even better? If you're an Amazon Prime member, you get fast, free 2-day shipping!