The Honda Ex650 is known to be a workhorse, with a quite noise level that makes it ideal for use within a home or camping environment. It's an Honda generator, making it less powerful than the Honda 1000.
It's a four-stroke 76cc generator with a rated wattage of 550 and a starting wattage of 650. It's got a 0.53 Gallon engine, which is compact and fuel efficient, with a recoil starting system. It's perfect for powering you whilst camping and at home during power outages, with the ability to run up to 3.8 hours.
In comparison to the Honda Ex650, the The Honda 1000 (also known as the Honda Eu1000i) is a portable inverter 999cc generator with a rated wattage of 900 and a starting wattage of 1000. It's got a lightweight and compact engine, Eco-Throttle System, with an additional oil-alert. It's perfect for backing up your home and RV, with the ability to power an office.
Consider the Honda 1000 instead of the Honda Ex650 if...
- You need a 1000 watt generator to balance home and outdoor use
- You want portability for camping trips (or if you own an RV)
- You prefer a quieter generator (53-59 decibels)
- You care about fuel savings and want eco-mode (which usually saves a ton on fuel per year)
Avoid Honda 1000 Generator if...
- You need more power for whole-home use (and 1000 wattage is not powerful enough)
- You don't like pull-starts
- You don't mind a noisier generator
Construction and design
- Running Wattage: 900 watts
- Peak Wattage: 1000 watts
- Start: 1000 watts
- Noise level: 53-59dB
- Weight: 29lb
- Fuel Capacity: 0.6 Gal
- Run time: 8.3 hours
- Warranty: 3 years
- Engine size: 999cc
What can I power with Honda 1000 Generator?
- Camping gear
- Power equipment
- Cooking appliances
- RV appliances
- Indoor or outdoor lights
- Computer/ Laptop
- Coffee maker
Reasons to buy Honda 1000 instead of the Honda Ex650?
- This fuel-efficient 49.4 cc Honda GXH50 OHV 4-stroke engine also has a money-saving Eco-Throttle System
- This portable generator provides you with the ability to power multiple, diverse environments (including your home, office or RV)
- The user-friendly inverter design makes this generator more aesthetic than conventional, open-framed generators
Reasons to avoid Honda 1000?
- A small fuel tank + not able to run for longer than 8.3 hours
- A pull-start system + no way to push-start the generator
What real Honda 1000 generator reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? The Honda 1000 generator receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.74 (across several hundred reviews). The Honda Eu1000i scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- 'The unit is so quiet that a mere conversation between two people makes you forget it’s running at all. It holds a good amount of gas and while it seems to last forever on one fill-up, you’ll need to continually fill it up because you forget it’s even running!'
- 'Honda generators are simply the best. Yes they're expensive...but they're worth it. Easy to use and runs forever.'
- 'Love it, we take it camping makes it wonderful'
- 'Great lightweight, low noise generator. Quality built.'
- 'I've had a variety of generators but you just can't beat the Honda. It's so quiet I had to double check that it was actually running. Don't be fooled by the cheaper "Honda Like" units.'
What reviewers dislike
- 'My only suggestion for improvement, is that they put a metal sleeve around the handle, which is sold separately, to prevent people cutting through the plastic handle if you have a chain down in stealing the unit. The unit is so attractive, and expensive, it is very attractive to thieves.'
- 'Great gadget. Should have a hack proof handle'
- 'Excellent product, but pricey. Especially compared to the EU2000i model for about $200 more. However this one does the job that I purchased it for and is very portable at 36 pounds with full fuel & Oil.'
The Honda 1000 generator is the perfect addition to any home, RV, cabin or office backup system and it provides more power than the Honda Ex360. It's fuel-efficient 49.4 cc Honda GXH50 OHV 4-stroke engine is reliable and the Eco-Throttle System helps you to save money. This portable generator is built for convenience and is versatile in its use, making it an excellent addition to any home, whilst serving as a great companion on recreational trips, too.
The 52-57 dB noise level makes it remarkably quiet, meaning you're able to comfortable have it nearby and still have a conversation. It's bound to impress you with it's ability to power multiple appliances and lights, with an easy-to-use pull-start system. Along with this, the lightweight, compact design makes for easy storage and efficient transport.
Honda is known worldwide for providing supreme quality engines, and the Honda 1000 generator is a small, but powerful example of this. The compact engine is able to run for 8.3 hours, making it ideal for use during the day or night.
The Honda 1000 generator is one of Honda's first and best products, and owning one is bound to add immense value to both your home life, as well as providing great value during your family or business vacations.
The attractive deign, high-quality features and amazing specs makes this generator an investment that's sure to last you for years.
Where to buy Honda 1000 generators
Find the Honda 1000 generator on Amazon, today. Even better? If you're an Amazon Prime member, you get fast, free 2-day shipping!