This generator is a compact powerhouse, and it's a great option for those looking for a smaller generator. However, the Honda 6500 is also celebrated for its excellent quality and it's able to provide similar specs, at a lower cost.
The Honda Gx390 is a petrol 389cc generator with a rated wattage 7000 and starting wattage of 8750. It's 4-stroke engine, able to run for 3.5 hours, is renowned for its ability to meet high-quality standards. It's perfect for use during power outages at home, or to power you during a camping trip.
In comparison, the Honda 6500 is a industrial, portable inverter generator with a rated wattage of 5500 and a starting wattage of 6500. It's iAVR (Intelligent Automatic Voltage Regulator) Technology allows it to regulate voltage, with a powerful Honda iGX390 commercial grade engine. It's ideal for industrial and construction use, and has been rated #1 by professionals in this field.
Consider the Honda 6500 generator instead of the Honda Gx390 if...
- You need a 5500 watt generator to balance home and commercial or industrial use
- You want portability for camping trips (or if you own an RV)
- You prefer a quieter industrial generator (64dB decibels)
- You own a food van or business and need continue working during power outages
Avoid Honda 6500 Generator if...
- You need more power for whole-home or business use (and 5500 wattage is not powerful enough)
- You don't like pull-starts
- You value eco-mode & fuel savings (which the Honda 6500 generator doesn't have)
- You want a quite generator (less than 64dB)
Construction and design
- Fuel Capacity: 6.2 Gallons
What can I power with Honda 6500 Generator?
- Electric fence (25 miles)
- High-intensity power tools
Reasons to buy Honda 6500 Generator instead of the Honda Gx390?
- The Advanced iAVR (Intelligent Automatic Voltage Regulator) technology provides a way for power to be consistently distributed, no matter what your load i
- This 120/240V sector is able to power larger appliances with higher wattage requirement
- The GFCI (Ground Fault Circuit Protection) on all the outlets and tools makes this generator easy to transport and maneuver
Reasons to avoid Honda 6500 Generator?
- The engine runs at a loader volume than smaller generators + has a pronounced background sound
- Not budget friendly + not ideal for home-use
What real Honda 6500 Generator reviews say
We spent 18 hours scouring the web (reading over 253 customer reviews). Our conclusion? The Honda 6500 generator receives high praise! Our average consolidated user rating sits around a 4.6 - 4.74 (across several hundred reviews). The Honda 6500 scored higher, on average, compared to their closest competitors.
What reviewers like
- 'Honda makes some of the best generators out there. I own the 6500 Invertor model and its a real work horse. I'm so sold on Honda Generators that i would easily recommend ANY model.'
- 'I have this generator on my Food Truck and it's Top Class!! It's quiet, efficient and powerful. The fact that it's inverted saves you gas when you don't need maxed out power and the quiet nature of it is awesome! Runs in all weather, all conditions, while the truck is driving etc... Never had in issue over 4 years of use.'
- 'I have held my Master Electrician License since 1990. I am licensed in 4 states. I am familiar with many portable generators. Having this thing makes me feel I'm working with a Pro!
- 'We had shopped around for a generator to back up our power during a hurricane. Found this one on line and at a very good price compared to stores in our area. Easy start...quiet operation. Very pleased with our purchase. Would buy again.'
- 'Not loud, starts easy, good on gas, love this thing!'
What reviewers dislike
- 'No problem getting generator set up to go, only small problem I saw was the space for the battery is too small to up hook up a battery tender or to lock the battery in, it can be done but not easily.'
- 'The only trouble that I had, for which you cannot fault the generator, is that when my well pump kicks in and it's a cold day then the generator can stall because it can't ramp up fast enough to handle the instant load.'
- 'Honda should provide free tech support to troubleshoot these things.'
The Honda 6500 generator is the perfect addition to any construction, industrial, home or recreational environment. It doesn't have as much power (in terms of wattage) than the Honda Ex390, but it's got longer running time and provides much better value.
It's fuel-efficient Honda iGX390 commercial grade engine with iAVR (Intelligent Automatic Voltage Regulator) technology is reliable and consistent. This portable generator is built for convenience and is versatile in its use, making it an excellent investment for both business and whole-home use.
The 64dB noise level makes it much more quiet than most industrial generators, meaning you're able to comfortably have it nearby. It's bound to impress you with it's ability to power multiple appliances and power tools. It has an easy-to-use pull-start system and a GFCI (Ground Fault Circuit Protection) design makes for safe storage and efficient transport.
Honda is known worldwide for providing supreme quality engines, and the Honda 6500 generator is one of the most powerful, durable examples of their ingenuity. With a warranty for up to 3 years, this high-power generator is able to run for 10.4 hours, making it ideal for use during the day or night.
The attractive design, high-quality features and additional protection measures makes this generator an investment that's sure to last you for many years.
Where to buy Honda 6500 generators
Find the Honda 6500 generator on Amazon, today. Even better? If you're an Amazon Prime member, you get fast, free 2-day shipping!